Friday, November 7, 2008

This way or that way?

Life has a way of catching upon you when you think its okay and everything is going right. I certainly thought everything was going right and I'm finally getting my life moving. And out of nowhere, there came the shock. The thing is when I first finished school I was not sure what I wanted to become. I knew my strength and I knew my weakness and I knew I wanted to do something for Arts Stream of Maldives, so I thought eventually I would be making the right decision. I had a love for writing and I applied for Villa TV cos I was interested in making news and all but they never responded.
Eventually one thing led to the other and hey, I landed somewhere I never thought I would. Teaching. And I actually became very good in it. And moreover it was also a way for me to be actively involved in the improvement of Arts Stream in Maldives. Everything seemed to be going well. But I still missed writing so what do i do; when a friend asks me whether they knew someone who would like to write for their paper, I willingly agreed, and specifically told 'part time'.
But then bam! I met the surprise of my life. They offered me full time, good pay, good office etc etc and I was back to square one. The offer was so tempting, but it brought me enough confusion. Maybe its no big deal but its worth the shot for me. I want to balance these two things at the same time but the reality is a bit different. I cant let go off teaching now and I cant even bring to let go off that offer. Dual mind and utter confusion. Two paths and not sure which one has the better future, or better opportunities for me.

Pic by: Deviant art

2 comments:

kaiza shozey said...

depends on the pay and working hours dho? id say not to ditch teaching. afterall, uve put alot of effort and work into it already t throw it away jes like that.

Gisha Mariyam Ahmed said...

Yeah I know.. I dont want to either. I just want to balance the both..