Saturday, October 23, 2010

SOLDIER

You walk around,
with a purpose in mind.
You walk around,
ready to fight for life.
I admire your strength,
I admire your courage.
You are more than a soldier,
a protector, defender.
For, before I met you,
I believed patriotism to be overrated,
a deceitful concept, unadulterated.
Loyalty to be a trait lost,
fallen into the abyss of history.
Yet you opened my mind,
and my heart.
With your wilful bravery,
and heartfelt slavery,
to your nation and your people.
Though some believe you to be a fool,
the truth is that they have no clue.
So let not their thoughts,
cloud your heart.
For your heart is a treasure,
that one cannot break or measure.
And though the world,
might take its ugly turn.
You will still find me here,
refusing to let my hopes burn.
I would still admire,
Your strength, your courage.
For I know, i can still find you here,
a soldier against the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww wow. Such Poetry. Such Enthusiasm. Such Depression. I have No other Words to describe it. Good Work (Y)

Anonymous said...

varah salhi:)

-mike-

Anonymous said...

reminds me of a certain kaashif :P