Monday, March 21, 2011

REGRET


I can tell the world its a mistake,
a one time thing I fear not, nor regret.
But the truth is like the shadow that follows me,
dark and brooding but gleaming who I am.
Yes it was a mistake.
A fault that I will spend all my life, 
remembering in detail.
If given a chance,
to go back or rewind.
I would have put right that decision,
that ruined my life.
Who knows when you look at someone,
the pain they bury,
the weight they carry.
Its a facade, this world,
that has crushed my insides.
I smile, but I scream.
I laugh but I cry.
No matter how much I try,
i cant stop the buzzing in my ear.
the feeling that arises,
when i lay awake all night.
You are my regret,
my never ending guilt.
And that is the truth,
that I cant put right.

Pic by: lord-kevinx.deviantart.com 

1 comment:

Zueshan said...

I'd say it's awesome, but you wouldn't believe me. It's beautiful girla :)